Sunday 24 May 2015

Career Development Plan

My Career Development Plan

Do you still remember that when you are student in primary school or secondary school, you always asked to fill in a form of personal details and often asking about you ambitions?




I still remember when I was Form 1, I have been taught a new malay vocabulary, which is "pensyarah". My teacher at that time told me the different between "guru" and "pensyarah", which refers to teacher and lecturer. And I still remember that my form teacher always said "saya harap kamu semua jangan jadi seorang guru, tetapi menjadi seorang yang lagi hebat daripada guru". But, during that age, I can't really understand her meaning behind the words. Since she not prefer her student take "teacher" as future career, so I choose "pensyarah" which is similar meaning (in my assumption) as my first ambition started my 12 years old. And now, yes, I am a Chemistry lecturer in KMPk.

Although I am declared as a lecturer in matriculation college, but in actual my grade of post is similar to those primary and secondary school teacher. Since we are receiving the same affairs and salary, so I normally said myself is a teacher rather than a lecturer. As an educator, I do not mind about the tagging of "teacher" or "lecturer". The most important thing is to educate our students to be a useful generation which able to contribute to our country in general. 

If you read through my teaching philosophy, you will realise that I am trying my best to inculcate the attitude of life-long learning in my students. In order to be more persuasive, I always take myself as the example, and now I am pursuing my second degree in UPSI. I hope that I able to finish my second degree within two years. After that, I wish to apply the scholarship from KPM which is HLP (Hadiah Latihan Persekutuan) to continue my study up to PhD if possible. As I knew, there are several requirement needed in order to success in the application. So, I always get ready myself from time to time to meet the opportunity. Here I would like to share a motivation quote with you.

"Opportunity is always given to those well-prepared. Treasure your opportunities as they do not come by everyday."


1 comment:

  1. Hi Puan. Im honestly very confused. I'm a foundation in science student who will start classes on April. I would like to prepare early. I tried searching for foundation in science notes but it was difficult. So I'm assuming that foundation and matriculation teaches the same syllabus ? Please I would really like to know. Thank you

    ReplyDelete